Name: Cross-Border Work-based Learning in Estonia and Latvia
LCCI position: Lead partner
Total Budget: 464 254.10 EUR
Total ERDF Co-financing: 394 615.94 EUR
Programme: Cooperation Programme Interreg V-A – Estonia-Latvia (EST-LAT)
Partners: Latvia, Estonia
ESTLAT-WBL project aims to support the cross-border mobilities of work-based learning (WBL) students (VET trainees), based on cooperation between vocational education and training (VET) schools and employers on both sides of Latvia-Estonia border.
Latvia and Estonia are developing their WBL systems as successful WBL may become the source of qualified labour force and economic growth. In many cases WBL also offers direct path to jobs for young people.
ESTLAT-WBL project will arrange 112 cross-border mobilities:
- 80 of WBL students (young people and adults): approximately 40 from Latvian VET to Estonian SMEs, and approximately 40 from Estonian VET to Latvian SMEs.
- 12 to Employers tutors to VET schools ( 6 from Latvia to Estonia and 6 from Estonia to Latvia).
- 20 VET school tutors ( 10 from Latvia to Estonia and vice versa).
In the course of matchmaking between VET and companies, Estonian VET tutors will visit several companies in Latvia, and Latvian VET tutors will visit companies in Estonia.
WBL will cover sectors important for companies of the region: hospitality and catering, timber and construction, retail, IT and other industries. In addition, there will be approximately 32 mobilities of VET tutors and work-place tutors supervising apprentices from school and company side. The pairs of VET tutors and work-place tutors will be offered training in Latvia and Estonia. WBL students, VET and work-place tutors will be offered support for improving language skills (Estonian, Latvian, English) needed in international and regional environment.
Lead partner: Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Latvia)
- Baltic Bright SIA (Latvia)
- Cesis Tech and Design school (Latvia)
- Smiltenes Technical School (Latvia)
- Civitta Eesti AS (Estonia)
- Tartu Kutsehariduskeskus (Estonia)
- Vorumaa Kutsehariduskeskus (Estonia)
- Valgamaa Kutseoppekeskus (Estonia)
This publication reflects the views of the author. The managing authority of the programme is not liable for how this information may be used
Lead Partner Contacts: