Essence of a regional council is representation of the interests of the LCCI members in a respective region in various industries and areas of interests. Meetings of regional councils are open for all members, who wish to participate and include urgent matters in the LCCI agenda.
- Prepares suggestions for the commercial activity policy implemented by the LCCI;
- Suggests examination of matters by the LCCI institutions;
- Defines priorities of the LCCI activities in respective field and at respective time of public administration influence;
- If necessary, creates workgroups of a specific region for preparing specific matters;
- Prepares draft decisions on the LCCI attitude in the matters of a specific region.
LCCI operates the following regional councils:
1. Rīga Regional Council
· Rīga Regional Sub-Council;
· Rīga City Sub-Council;
2. Vidzeme Regional Council;
3. Zemgale Regional Council;
4. Latgale Regional Council;
5. Kurzeme Regional Council