- Name: Integrated Business Development North-Latvia and South-Estonia 2
- LTRK Position: Lead partner
- Total budget: 447 547.19 EUR
- Dates: 01/04/2017 to 31/03/2020
- Programme: Interreg Estonia-Latvia Programme (EST-LAT)
- Other partners: Latvia, Estonia
Cross border cooperation between Latvian and Estonia meets quite a lot of challenges, but one of main is that Estonia more cooperates with Scandinavia than with Latvia. South-Estonia region has border with Latvia and it's direct target to Latvian companies, also therefore 2 partners from Estonia are located in Tartu.
DELBI I experience expressed that companies are missing real practical approach for support for cross-border cooperation, what for them without project won't be so easily achieve - lack of data bases, contacts, information, experience. Therefore project partners have summarized 3 needs and opportunities: programme, company and partners.
The main objective of the project is to increase number of Estonian and Latvian SMEs doing business across border. We aim to achieve this by organizing relevant, common business events in programme area.
Common specific objectives:
- To increase cross border cooperation between food, wood and tourism SMEs and start-ups, these are defined project target sectors, based on statistics, competences and previous experience.
- Intensifying the cooperation between Estonian and Latvian business support organizations by common project as well involving other stakeholders.
- Increase SMEs competitiveness by increasing export / import knowledge and understanding about EST – LAT market opportunities between Estonian and Latvian SMEs.
Programme: increased cross - border cooperation in region.
Companies: practical and relevant matchmaking with companies, where relevant companies are prepared previously and where cooperation really could be possible. It's mean, that organizers need to go quite into details about most relevant partner, because, for example, food sector is very different and milk producer won't be interested in meat provider. Also marketing activities are quite necessary.
Partners: support members and represent their needs - all partners main aim is to provide members with qualitative and relevant activities and Est-Lat programs needs suits with all partner needs in contact with business development.
- Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LV) - Lead Partner
- Tartu Science Park (EE)
- Estonian Chamber of commerce and industry, Tartu regional office (EE)
- Estonian Business chamber in Latvia (LV)
- Tourism sector companies participates in DELBI 2 stand during the exibition "VIDZEMES ENTREPRENEURS DAYS 2017" (In Latvian)
|Lead Partner Contacts:
Mrs. Līga Ābola
Head of LCCI EU Projects Department
Kr.Valdemara str. 35, Riga