- Name: Development of competitiveness in key non-oil manufacturing sectors of the economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- LCCI position: Lead partner
- Total Budget: 559 530.00 EUR
- Dates: April, 2017 to April, 2019
- Programme: Delegation of the European Union to Azerbaijan
- Other partners: Latvia
- Web site: http://www.chamber.lv
Albeit the revenue from the oil sector play a dominant role in Azerbaijan’s GDP, it lacks an element of sustainability, thus, having a negative effect on the country’s economy if there is a decrease in oil prices. Thus, the main objective of this project to develop competitiveness in key non-oil manufacturing sectors of the economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan, where the target is to increase the share of non-oil sector in GDP up to 80% by year 2020, as well as to strengthen public/private dialogue (PPD) with the selected sectors of the manufacturing industry.
The main beneficiary of this project will be the Department of industry of the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
To achieve planned goals, the project will focus on 4 components:
- To enable creation and functioning of professional business associations in selected sectors;
- To carry out pre-feasibility studies of selected pilot sectors of manufacturing industries;
- To propose changes in pertinent legislation to enable the market economy to function more efficiently;
- To improve skills among project public and private stakeholders for the development of PPD and good business practices.
The implementation of the project will propose changes in appropriate legislation with the aim of simplifying administrative procedures, reduce the costs of doing business and encourage non-oil industry businesses to have a significant role in substitution of imported products as well as in increased export trade, enhance dialogue between public and private stakeholders and select pilot sectors for further development of the manufacturing industry.
Ultimately, the achievement of the project objectives will stimulate investment and modernization of Azerbaijani enterprises.
- Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LV) - Lead partner
- Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia (LV)
|Lead partner contacts:
Mrs. Līga Sičeva
Head of LCCI EU Projects Department
Kr.Valdemara str. 35, Riga